1a) If using alternative chocolate, melt cacao butter or coconut oil, mix in cacao powder, honey, and stir and pour over a greased 5x7 bread pan and then skip to step 2
1b) Pour melted chocolate chips over a greased 5×7 bread pan.
2) Spread chocolate evenly over the bottom of the greased pan and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
3) Melt coconut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add vanilla and sweeten to taste. I added about 3 tablespoons of honey to this batch. (Alternatively you can use vanilla coconut butter and omit the vanilla)
4) Pour coconut butter mixture over cooled chocolate layer.
5) Refrigerate the bars for 1 hour or until the coconut butter layer is solid.
6) Bring bars to room temperature and cut into even squares (this is the easiest way to cut the bars).
7) Refrigerate the cut coconut butter bars.
8) Flip the bars out of the pan and serve.
9) Keep these babies stored in the refrigerator so the don’t melt on you!